Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
As used herein, Sensitive Personal Information includes information that reveals:
- A person’s social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number.
- A person’s account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account.
- A person’s precise geolocation.
- A person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership.
- A person’s mental or physical health or diagnosis.
- A person’s citizenship or citizenship status.
- The contents of a person’s mail, email, and text messages unless Secure Title Administration is the intended recipient of the communication.
- Information about a person’s sex life or sexual orientation
Note that this process may be used only by residents of California. California law requires that we confirm that you are the person identified in this form before we provide any information to you, and we also must confirm that you are a resident of California.
Once we receive your request, we will contact you to confirm your identity and your California residency. If we are able to confirm these matters, we will then evaluate your request and provide a response within forty-five days after we receive your completed form. If you are eligible to limit the use of your information, we will not use the Sensitive Personal Information for any use that is not necessary for providing our products or services to you in accordance with applicable law. If we are unable to fully respond to your request within that time, we will contact you and let you know when and how we will be able to fully respond.